Starting off the new school year with solar (Sep 07, 2018)
Summer is nearly over… Boohoo!
As autumn begins, we have an opportunity for you to support students going back to school. Just two days ago, we opened our newest bond offer on the Ethex fundraising platform. We are raising funds for the next round of solar panels to be built on schools across the UK!
Our last bond offer closed last month at just over £500,000, and the funds have already helped five schools go solar.
One such school is Biggleswade Mead Secondary School, pictured above. The £120,000 invested in these solar panels will:
• Generate about 140,000 kWh of clean electricity per year
• Cover about 40% of the school's electricity needs
• Stop over 1,500 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere
• Inspire over 1,000 students a year to learn to live more sustainably
• Save Biggleswade Mead at least £120,000 over the next 25 years
• Earn Solar for Schools bond holders 5% interest per year
We have funding left for two more schools, being built over the coming weeks, but we need to raise a further amount of £500k for the next seven schools to go solar. For full details of how it works and risks, please download the bond offer document: https://www.ethex.org.uk/SfS2018Issue3
Remember: For UK tax payers, the bonds can now be included in your ISA and hence earn interest tax free.
Please share with anyone interested in earning 5% interest whilst helping schools and fighting climate change!
Thank you to all those who have already invested!
Warning: Capital at Risk. Read the prospectus fully before investing.